Tuesday 8 October 2013

What Helped

What helped me feel better this weekend: 

(Because really.  I went from feeling -1000 to feeling good.)

1.  Not working.  (Sorry, but it's true.  Weekends involve very much not work, and that helps my mood.)

2.  Talking to my friend who lives in this building and is generally the most supportive person ever.

3.  Coming up with a plan with her where we will both send each other a theme/topic/word a day and she will do something musical with what I send her, and I will draw what she sends me.  And I will not judge my drawing, I will just draw it and be happy that I drew.

4.  Coming up with another plan with her where we are possibly going to make things to sell and then use that money to buy other things we want but feel like we can't afford.  (Or really can't afford.  Cuz, you know, groceries and stuff.)  Like new lenses, or in her case, guitars.

5.  The weather.  It was sunny.  And nice.  And that was helpful.

6.  Committing to eating better (less sugar/chocolate/salt), and upping my exercise.  And then actually managing to do better this week at both.  "Baby steps" is the motto here.

7.  The more exercise endorphins.  Even when short lived, they're still a nice mood booster.

8.  Talking about it.  Really.  I sometimes forget how much better I feel just saying to a few good friends "I feel really really really sucky right now."  Note.. I didn't say I told everyone.  I've learned, unfortunately the hard way, that there are some people in my life who will not make me feel any better when I tell them I'm in a low spot.

9.  Making choices to do things that are going to make me happier.

10.  Keeping on keeping on.  Knowing it would get better.  Even when it didn't feel like it would.

2 comments:

kandijay said...

#8!!! (Especially the part about being selective about WHO you share it with.)

A friend and I talked over this past weekend. It had been over a month since we'd talked, and we discovered we are both kind of dealing with the same song, just different verses. And so then we wrote "I'm done/I will" lists together. It was therapeutic, necessary, and we will watch out for each other.

Victoria said...

I'm glad!