Thursday 28 November 2013

Seeking Control Of The Uncontrollable Others

So, yeah.

Been talking online with a guy who seems nice.

(Gotta love the qualifier, eh?)

He asked me if I'd like to meet and I said sure, and then didn't hear from him for a couple of days.

Which, is usually a sign something has changed.

Like, you're exchanging multiple messages a day and then bloop?  Hmmm...

So instead of assuming the worst (he ain't nothing but a jerk face.  he must have met someone else he likes better. etc.) I messaged him and said "hey, if you still want to meet, let me know, and if you've met someone you're more interested in let me know that too!  have a great day :)"

I figured I'd either get ignored, or get a message back saying, "yeah, sorry, went on a date, she's great" because that has happened to me a couple of times.  Par for the course when people are messaging and considering meeting multiple people at once.

But to my surprise he messaged me back that yes he'd still like to meet and that was when we exchanged cell numbers and have been texting back and forth since.

So I'm glad I took control of the situation and didn't let it linger or wonder if he was waiting for me to set a date or what.

We're still planning on meeting, soon, but he's got a cold (I think that happened to me with Jay when he first wanted to meet.  Must be something about this time of year?) and by the time I get off work it's usually too dark to enjoy a walk so we'll get to it, I think.

Eventually?

2 comments:

Matt79 said...

Well done for taking the initiative - that sounds good! Hopefully this approach will pay off!

Victoria said...

Thanks Matt ;)