Monday 6 January 2014

Gut

I think I'm just going to let things be with Lee.

Something about the way things ended last time we hung out, combined with me suggesting another hangout the next day that he wasn't able to make due to other plans... just left me with the gut feeling that he's not that interested.

It may not be me, in particular, it may be with dating in general, but still... I don't feel like chasing this guy (or any guy) and if he's busy, he's busy, and that's fine.  But I'd like someone who thinks of me even when busy and tries to set up a time to hang out.

At the end of our last "date" he said "give me a call later in the week" and I just feel that that put me off.  That's not the same as saying, let's hang out later in the week.  Or, I'll call you later this week to hang out.

I don't know, I'm trying not to overthink it too much, right?

Just get the sense that it's not particularly anything he's really wanting to pursue right now so I'll just let it go.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but my gut generally isn't.

Oh well.

5 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

To be honest, if you really wanted it to happen, you would have called him without thinking about it...

Unknown said...

I agree with Jonathan.. and I agree with what I sense you are saying. If he was interested he would make time. Have you read he's just not that into you? No need to overthink things after that book in my view!

Victoria said...

True enough Jonathan, but I've also done that a few times now (followed up, made contact, etc.) ... and I seem to be the only one who does. So I kind of feel like I don't want to keep doing that.

I have read it Sabrina, and I think that's where I'm at... I really don't think he's that into me ;)

Unknown said...

I just want to say.. don't take it personally if you conclude that 'he's just not..' We have it happen to, for no real reason other than 'not feeling it'. I've met great guys and just not felt enough to inspire me to want more of them.

You are GREAT .. remember that always!

Victoria said...

Fair enough ;)

And...thanks :)