Friday 3 January 2014

Second

I went out with Lee again.

Pretty similar to our first "date", but this time a walk in the day time, with his dog.  His dog that he sees part time because he shares him with his ex.  Wife.  Ex-wife.

My brain, once it got over being mega sick, worried about should I or shouldn't I... text him... date him... and all the stupid, annoying, tiring things my brain does.

Over the holidays I asked my brother, what should I do here... text him?  He's a busy guy, but shouldn't I wait til he texts me?

"Victoria, seriously... stop overthinking things."

Well, ok, but...

"No, really.  If the guy's busy he's busy.  If you want to say hi, say hi.  End of discussion.  Guys aren't overthinking things.  They really aren't thinking about anything other than what's right in front of them that moment so you're spending all this time thinking and thinking and worrying and worrying and he's... not.  Give it a rest."

So I texted him.  He'd said we should get together right after Christmas.  And we went for a walk.

I was still nervous.  And still not at my best, and so tired, and I think I maybe felt shy, no I did feel shy.  It's weird, getting to know someone from scratch.

Extra especially when you think you might maybe like to kiss them some time.

He told me to give him a call later in the week, which frustrates me because I don't like the ball being in my court.  Do I?

So, yeah... trying to at least slow down the overthinking somewhat.

And yes I could maybe like him, there's potential there for sure.

Oh, and, no, he's not a smoker.  I asked.

3 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

Fingers crossed! :)

Elliott said...

Just another guy's point of view...I agree completely with your brother. He's right on the mark with how a guy's brain works.

And just from my situation...I'm so glad I didn't let the fact that my wife had been married before and that she had three kids deter me from getting to know her. We've been happily together for almost 16 years.

As one of our favourite songs says...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...Closing Time by Semisonic.

Victoria said...

Hard to type with crossed fingers J ;)

Elliott, why do you guys have to be so... differently brained? And, yes, I'm so happy you have your wife too :D