Tuesday 11 February 2014

Woot Woot!

I ninja'd my way into an art store the other day.

It was kind of awesome, if I do say so myself.

See, you know how I'm doing the "Drawing 365" thing with my neighbour right?  Well not last night but the night before (24 robbers came knocking at my door!) I used the last sheet in my sketch book and went to find the new sketch book.

Which I must have bought, right?  And put somewhere, right?

Except not in that drawer, or that one, or that one so... um... maybe I didn't get a new sketch book last time I was in the store even though I thought about it because I figured I had another one somewhere and since this is a run on sentence anyway did you know they blocked off that side street, neither did I when did that happen?????

So I knew I wanted to get to the art store to pick up a new book.

I had an appointment after work the next day, so by the time I raced home (and nearly peed my pants but that's another story) and checked their website, I realized it was ten minutes til closing.

And that the store is easily a ten minute walk away and that that would leave me showing up and being locked out.

So I started super speed walking to the store!

And I went a way that was maybe just slightly faster, but who actually knows, and I didn't quite run but it was heavy breathing walking for sure and I kept checking my watch and by the time I saw the door of the store it was three minutes until closing!

I was panting a little when I got through the door and the woman inside nicely, but firmly said "just so you know, we close in two minutes."

"That's ok, I know what I want." I beamed, all proud of myself for making it in time.  And I went straight to the sketch books I wanted (the burgandy cover.  the last brand I got I really didn't like the paper quality and never quite got used to it), grabbed two and went straight to the counter.

"Well, that was fast!"

"Yup.  I knew exactly what I wanted.  Kind of ran to get here."

And I could tell they'd already cashed out one till and made the other ready to go (I used to work in sales after all.  Nothing worse than the shopper who comes in at close and just casually strolls around even when you start to turn out the overhead lights.) and I paid for my books, got a thank you from the girl who had to unlock the door to let me out and skipped happily on my way to the grocery store!

I'm a super ninja spy after all, and I just so totally proved it!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I totally knew you were a super ninja spy! :P

Victoria said...

:D