Saturday 24 May 2014

Not Sure Where This Came From, But I'm Going With It Anyway

Do you know what you've been called to do?

I don't mean that in a necessarily religious or spiritual way although if that's your thing, great.  I just mean... do you have a sense of why you're here?

Is it to raise your children?  Is it to do the job you're currently doing?  Is it to snuggle puppies on lazy Sundays?

Is it something you're aware of but not sure how to get to?  Or is it something you're living already?  Partially or completely?

Or do you have no actual idea?

Does it have to be complicated or can it be as simple as I'm here to enjoy being alive?

And if you do know why you're here, and what you're meant to do, what you're supposed to do, are you too afraid to do it?

And if so, why?

9 comments:

OS1 said...

I wish it were as simple as "I simply enjoy living life."

For me, I really don't have a clue. I enjoy calculus, but am I destined to be a mathematician or an engineer? Right now, that coin could flip in any direction. Am I scared? Very much so and for many different reasons. I like writing science fiction, but will I become a published sci-fi author? Right now, that answer is no.

But that is what is so interesting about life. For every person, that thing they were meant to be is different. It's whatever clicks. And whatever clicks is whatever our brains love the most. Some have an aptitude for reading biochemical reactions, leading them to work for medical research companies. But others have a certain sway to their words, dropping them into politics. And others really do like cuddling with puppies and making sure they have a good home by nightfall.

Now, I'm not sure where this is going...but I believe to answer that question, you must really know who you are.

Yeah. Okay. Hope that made sense.

OS1313 said...

*That was me, pressed the START button before I finished typing out my full name.

Victoria said...

I think maybe today nothing too much makes sense and that's going to have to be ok. :)

OS1313 said...

On second thought, is everything alright?

Victoria said...

Yeah, thanks for checking though. Just this cold is getting to me I think.

Anonymous said...

I do not think I am here for any reason. I am long married,child-free so do not have to fret about prepping someone for life.
I am constantly amazed at human conceit ... having children so that something of them lives on which is madness as so few even know the names of their great-grandparents.
I know I am a grain of sand ... or perhaps even a bit of a shattered grain and I am content with that.
Cdn Anne in England.

Victoria said...

Fair enough

Kev in Van said...

People live a long time, so another way of looking at the question of life is what should (or can) I do in this decade? There are some lifestyles that are far more appropriate in your 20s than your 50s. Do what you can now, which you cannot do later. What you can easily do later (learn to play cello, write a screenplay), put off until then.

Victoria said...

Yeah, fair enough :)