Monday 25 August 2014

Random

C-Dawg and I were having a dinner out in the middle of last week (she and her man are off to Vegas this week, which is ironic since we'll both be in Nevada.  So close and yet so far!) and we were stopped at a red light when a chick with pink hair and a wild bike helmet pulled up next to us.

"I bet she does Roller Derby." I said.  Not sure why except that the helmet seemed like something I'd wear if I was doing it.

"I don't know why," C-Dawg said "but I've thought that you should/could do Roller Derby.  Not really sure why.  I just think of you and Roller Derby."

Now, this is the first time anyone has ever said this to me and it's interesting that it came from C-Dawg.  I see Roller Derby girls as super tough and I don't see myself as super tough at all.

Not that I've never thought about doing Roller Derby, I've just never wanted to deal with the bruises and broken things and, well, the pain.

But it was a pretty random thing for her to say I thought. 

Unless me going to Burning Man makes her think I'm a whole lot crazier than I actually am?

But I'm a sweet kind of crazy... I don't think I'm the kind who wants to elbow around other chicks for fun.