Friday 30 January 2015

Wha'd You Thay?

So I found something out rather the hard way yesterday.

I mean, it makes sense now that I think about it, but, well, I was not expecting it at the time.

See, when I woke up yesterday morning my stomach felt icky.  I took it easy at breakfast but by the time I pulled out of my driveway I felt like I was going to throw up.

Now, this is not a nice feeling to have when you're driving and I didn't want to actually throw up in my car or even at work, so I reached into my purse at the next red light and fished out a Gravol.

Usually when I take a pill I just chew up a cracker or something, hide the pill inside and swallow the chewed food lump.  I've never been able to swallow a pill with just water or on its own.  But I didn't have food, just gum, so I chewed the Gravol up with my gum (it tasted HIDEOUS) and tried to swallow it but couldn't.  But I hoped enough of it had gotten into my blood stream anyway and spat the rest out, taking deep breaths to try to settle my stomach.

And then my tongue went numb!

Just on the side where I'd chewed up the Gravol, but now I was dealing with feeling like I was going to throw up and having a numb half of a tongue.

And that's when I discovered that Gravol has an anesthetic in it and that's why they sell chewable versions.

The end.

*The more you know rainbow star thing*

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I totally was thinking "The More You Know" as I was reading this! And then you ended with it!

Victoria said...

Yay! :)