Wednesday 18 March 2015

So Lovely

What is it about slipping into freshly washed sheets that feels so darn good?

Is it that they're stretched crisp and smooth?  Or is it that they somehow smell cleaner?  Or is it just the magic of knowing they're clean and fresh and you get to sleep on them tonight?

Maybe tonight I'll re-make my bed entirely... as in, I'll take the blanket off and tighten the fitted sheet and everything and see if that makes a difference...but I don't think it will.

And, no, it's not the same with hotel room sheets...they're too hard for me, it's my sheets I mean.  I don't know about guest room sheets or staying over at someone's place sheets, maybe it feels similarly there but man.... I love that moment of getting into my bed into my freshly washed, clean, smooth sheets.

It's blissful.

4 comments:

Chris said...

i'll need to see for myself. i'll be right over. :P

Victoria said...

You missed the freshly washed sheets, sorry! ;)

Anne Roy said...

Oh yes ... Tuesday is fresh bed linen day here ... lovely percale sheets & the pillowslips with the iron folds crisply showing ... had I enough time or better yet! staff! I would have clean sheets every single night ...

Victoria said...

Mmmm..... so nice ;)