Wednesday 6 May 2015

Oh Boy

So, yes, an exhausting week.  And then things started to get... odd.

Kind of.

You see, I'm an organized person.  And I live in a small apartment.  So I pretty much know where everything is and things don't really go anywhere other than where they go.

Which is why I got kind of weirded out when I decided to scrub my toilet mid last week and couldn't find my toilet brush.

Because the toilet brush goes in the hallway closet.  End of discussion.

It doesn't go anywhere else and I'm not even sure if it would fit in any other places I might decide to put it, but there I was, wanting to clean my toilet (which, no, I didn't really *want* to but it was getting grungy and I figured I should) and it. Was.  Gone.

As in, not there.  Not in its spot in the hallway closet.

I looked.  Looked up and down the entire closet.  Wasn't there.

I shrugged it off and figured it'd show up the next day, no big deal, my toilet could stay grungy, it was only me who'd see it, really.

And then the next day I tried looking for it again.  Still wasn't there.  I figured that maybe the last time I'd cleaned it, I'd been stressed and so had mistakenly put it.... in the kitchen under the sink?  Nope.  In the bathroom cabinet? Nope.  Randomly in other spots in the kitchen?  Bedroom closet?  Shoe/jacket closet?  WHERE WAS IT!?!?

I started joking to people that someone had broken in and stolen it but really.  Maybe someone had broken in and stolen it?  I had absolutely no idea where I might have put it and could only conclude some kind of dastardly weirdness.

Sigh.

Then I came home late in the week and my windows were all closed.  At first I just noticed the one in my living room and figured it had... rained?  Because that's the main reason I close them, to keep torrential rain out.  But... I didn't remember doing that either.  Man, maybe I'm way more stressed out than I think?

Then I noticed my bedroom windows were both closed and that was just too weird and instead of thinking that the toilet brush thief had also broken in to close my windows and weird me out, I went to check on the bird poop I'd noticed on my window a couple of weeks ago, and yep, gone.  So, not a weird break in crazy person, just our manager forgetting to tell us to prep our windows for the window washers and nice window washers closing them (and working around my screens, sorry!) and doing their job well.

Which made me think I should maybe check for that brush again, because I was really finding it uncomfortable that it had disappeared.

So I started to take everything out of the closet (I'd taken most things out the first few times I'd looked) and that's when I found the brush fallen behind and nearly underneath something else.  It was there!  Safe!  I wasn't crazy!  No one was trying to make me crazy(er)!

But I tell you guys, it was really the oddest feeling not knowing where that brush might have gone in my not so big apartment.

I mean, really... who loses things in a one bedroom place?

5 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I lose things all the time. Usually they reappear right after I buy a replacement for them, which is annoying.

Dominic said...

>I mean, really... who loses things in a one bedroom place?

Clearly, you are not a cat owner :)

Victoria said...

That's a sure fire way to find things Jason!

No, Dominic, I'm not ;)

Jonathan Beckett said...

You write the best posts about random thoughts of anybody I know :)

Victoria said...

;)