Saturday 30 May 2015

Proof

You never know when a kind word is going to make a huge difference.

I've been having a hard time lately.  With a few things, but this week it was about my body.

I hurt my back a few weeks ago and although it's better, I'm still nervous of it. 

On top of that, I'm not feeling great about my body, shape, fitness level, etc.

And the list just goes on and on and so on Wednesday, an hour before bootcamp, I was on the phone with Jason in tears over wanting to quit, and hating myself and how I looked and felt and worst of all... that I didn't feel motivated enough to change it.  Which scared me.  And upset me.  Hence the tears.

I actually cried during bootcamp that night, but did my best to hide it from everyone, and just when I'd pulled myself together one of the ladies came over to get a drink of water at the same time I did.

"Victoria, I just have to tell you how great you look.  I meant to tell you the other week, but wow, you look amazing."

And I started to cry again.

I told her thank you.  That I'd really needed to hear that, because I have been struggling and not feeling that at all. 

Her genuine compliment, her sharing that made such a difference for me on a night when I was feeling awful about myself and my body.

She saw something I haven't been able to see.

And more importantly?  She told me. 

We all need to do more of that.

You never know when something small, some small kind thing you say may make an enormous difference to someone right when they need it.

Wednesday night was proof of that.

No comments: