Friday 21 August 2015

Hmmm

One of the things I'm not sure is good is what I'm not doing for my nails for Burning Man this year.

My first year, my nails and cuticles and fingers got trashed.  Some of that was on the trip down, but more of it was on playa with the alkali dust and how it messes with your skin.  So last year, before I went, I got a gel polish on my finger and toe nails. 

Not only did it look extra pretty (I just did a french manicure, but it felt super girly) my nails did a lot better.  Yes, I chipped a couple but by the end of the week they were in pretty good shape.

This may also have been due to the fact I took better care of my hands and skin last year... or maybe it was the polish.  I don't know.

This year, I don't feel like I can splurge budget wise and it took so long for the gel polish to grow off of my nails (the super strength remover didn't work and I didn't want to pay again to have it removed) I wasn't sure I wanted to do it again.

But I'm not sure if that's a good idea or if I'm going to wish I had had my nails done.

I've been trying to take extra good care of my hands and feet these last few weeks, I've been primping and soaking them and moisturizing and whatnot and hopefully I'll be fine without the gel polish but man, I'm a little nervous about it.

Not that having chipped nails and torn fingers is going to ruin the burn or anything just that it's uncomfortable enough already being down there and if I can eliminate little owies, I'd like to.

So I suppose this is an experimental year and if I learn the hard way that gel polish is worth it, I can always get that done next summer before I go.

So, fingers crossed that it'll all be fine without.  Send my cuticles some love in the next weeks, eh?