Saturday 5 December 2015

Breathe

One of the things I do like about this time of year is the music.

I think I've said it before but I like that there are songs that many of us know and can sing along to, and I like some of the spins people put on things.  I like the softness many of the songs talk about and I like the happy, upbeat jazzy feel of others.

So I thought I'd ask if any of you have a favourite song or two from this time of year that you'd like to share with me.  I'd be happy to add new favourites to my mental collection.

Any thoughts?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite "non traditional" christmas album is Air Supply (yes I'm old) and my favorite song is called "through the eyes of a child". But I love love any christmas music it makes my heart happy.
brandi

Happydog said...

My favourite "churchy" Christmas song is
Emmanuel
Here's a YouTube of Enya singing it which is really nice.
http://youtu.be/DPHh3nMMu-I

My other favourite is The Little Drummer Boy

Victoria said...

I'll totally give that a listen Brandi, I've maybe already heard it and just don't know it ;)

HD, have you heard Pentatonix's version of Little Drummer Boy?

Happydog said...

Yes! I have it's lovely. Right up there with the version by Boney M 😊

Jason Langlois said...

Anything in the Holly Cole Christmas catalogue, and of course nothing quite beats the peppy sounds of Boney M, as Happydog references.

Victoria said...

Awesome HD :)

Holly Cole, good reminder Jason

kandijay said...

This fall has been a series of health issues and stress unlike any other. And of course, the sad state of our world. So for a melancholy, yet hopeful tune, I am quite fond of Jars of Clay's versions of I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day or It Came Upon a Midnight Clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odGJR33xElw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHTPWibny8

Victoria said...

Cool, thanks