Saturday 19 December 2015

Day 3: Eight Ways to Win Your Heart

Ouch.  This one hurts to even consider writing about right now.  But hey.... I'll give it a go.  And then probably go cry.  But that's ok....

Sigh.

1.  Be kind.  A kind person.  A kind heart.  Kindness towards me, yourself, others, animals, life in general, strangers.  Be kind.  Loving.  Generous.  Gentle. 

2.  Be strong.  I don't mean rawr, hulk smash muscles kind of strong, I mean in yourself.  Emotionally.  Personally.  Be strong in knowing who you are and what you believe in.  Stand up for what's right and good.  Be a strong person. 

3.  Love touch.  All of it.  Love to hold me, touch me, sit with me, cuddle me, and yes, be intimate with me.  Love to be held, touched, cuddled, etc.  Let me touch you too.  Want to sit next to me and be affectionate.  Hugs.  Kisses.  Whatever.  Touch.

4.  Be genuine.  I don't know how to explain this other than to say if you're trying to be something you're not it won't sit well with me.  It'll make me uncomfortable.  If you tell little lies or untruths I'll notice.  If you say you'll do something, do it.  Just be who you are for better or for worse.  Be real.

5.  Be thoughtful. 

6.  Love.  Don't be afraid of it.  Give it, accept it, share it.  Say it.  Show it.  Mean it.  Be love.

7.  Be passionate.  About something.  Extra bonus if it's an art.  I fall easily for people when they're focussing on what it is they're good at and passionate about. 

8.  Be supportive.  Especially of me, and all that I am and want to be and have trouble with moving through. 

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That's a pretty good list.

Victoria said...

:)

Elliott said...

If everyone took these to heart I daresay the country, and world, might just be a better place to live. Very thoughtful list.

Victoria said...

Fair enough.