Friday 15 April 2016

Ahhhhhh, Apartment Living...

I have my windows open pretty much year round as I like fresh air (especially in my bedroom) but for the rest of my neighbours, this is the time of year when windows start to be opened.  And sound carries.

Which means I've spent a lot of this week listening to beeping.

Beep.  Beep.  Beep.  (pause)  Beep.  Beep.  Beep.  (repeat)

I don't know what it is or why it's happening but it's driving me bonkers.  It's the kind of beep like someone's smoke alarm has run out of batteries or something loud and "warning"-like and electronic.

And sometimes it's in the evening, not just the afternoon.  Or a Saturday morning.  And I can't figure out what the heck is making it happen but once I notice it I need it to stop because GAH!  GET OUT OF MY BRAIN BEEP!

Or parties, social gatherings, I hear them too.

And tv shows sometimes.

Or, somewhat awkwardly, when I couldn't sleep the other night, someone's "happily enjoying adult time" noises echoing off of the surrounding building... or something.

So, yeah, it's that time of year when windows get opened and we all get to hear each other for better or worse.

Beep.

2 comments:

Sara Jane said...

That for sure sounds like a battery dying in a smoke detector. It is the most annoying sound ever and it is completely random. I love keeping my windows open year round!

Victoria said...

BEEEEEEEP! (Actually, I haven't heard it in a day? So maybe it's fixed!) And yes, windows open are awesome :)