Thursday 7 April 2016

Just A Thought

When Jay texted the other day and my brain got all swirly with thoughts, I ended up thinking about Max.  (Honestly, I think about him off and on, but less and less I suppose...still, not at a neutral or happy place yet, if I ever will be...)

The thought that came into my head as one of those "oh, where did that come from?" brain thoughts was that Max and Jay are similar in their immaturity and (unrealistic) expectations and (overly) high self image.  But after that, my brain said, well, they were similar but it was like Max was the grown up Jay.

Which surprised me... that I'd seen or noticed similarities between the two.  But, yes, Max was more mature than Jay, even if it turns out that Jay has been a more decent "friend" in the long run. 

Which lead to my next thought that maybe the next person I date could be a grown up version of Jason.  Which is kind of an awesome thought. 

Even if it only makes sense to me.

(Not that I want to date.  But at least I can start to imagine that I might at some point in the future maybe.  Maybe.)

6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Nope, totally makes sense to me. And yes, it does seem like an awesome thought.

Victoria said...

:)

Elliott said...

I can completely understand where finding someone made up of the good parts of the people you've cared about during your life makes total sense. Leaving out the bad parts and only having the awesome parts of people you have card deeply for makes all the sense in the world.

Victoria said...

Sounds lovely when you put it that way :)

Sara Jane said...

This makes total sense. I truly believe everyone you date is always better than the guy you dated prior. I think what you learn that you do not like and what you do like you end up putting that energy out there and attract that type of person into your life. You sound so positive when you speak of this Max. Our blog is all about guys we have dated and we have some crazy stories. We are not as positive as you. Haha!

Victoria said...

I hope so Sara! And yes, I've been pretty lucky that even things (dates, relationships) that didn't go well for me were still pretty good :)