Saturday 14 May 2016

And So It Goes

I felt like sharing this photo again... my first moments hitting the playa of Black Rock in August of 2013. 

Did I know this place would become such a part of my life and would help positively shape who I am?  No.  I had no idea.  All I knew was I was uncomfortably hot and wasn't sure what all I had gotten myself into.  Who knew.

Last I told you, my Burning Man adventure for this year had me not really sure about.... much.

The main ticket sale, it turns out, had some technical faults (human coding error on their end) which explains a bit why it didn't feel right at the time, but all's well that ends well and last week I completed a ticket exchange process with someone and now I have a ticket and a vehicle pass for Burning Man 2016!

By a combination of the awesomeness that can be the internet and generally good people, someone contacted me that they'd seen me on a local "ticket exchange-needed" board and was I still looking for a ticket.  Yes, yes I was!  And at that point, I only cautiously told a couple of people just in case.  I don't know just in case of what (I have good radar when it comes to trustworthiness online, knock on wood) but we sealed the deal officially this week, and I've upgraded my shipping information with the ticket company and, well, yeah.  Wow.  Much nicer than still not knowing if I'd get a ticket until last minute.

So, yay!  I have a ticket for this year, for realsies!

Squeeee!

3 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Elliott said...

That's awesome news! I hope it continues to amaze and enthrall you.

Victoria said...

Me too :)