Monday 16 May 2016

I Can't Even

As I mentioned on Saturday, I now have a ticket for Burning Man this year.  Which is awesome.

Oh, and apparently it's already halfway through May.  Pardon?  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA no.

You've got to be kidding me, right?  I think not.  Still March.

Anyway, when the ticketing stuff was done last week and I got off the phone with the ticketing company (I don't feel like typing their name, they're not my favourite people right now... fix your system fools!  [you had to say that last part like Mr T by the way] ) I threw my arms up in the air and shouted YES!  And then I started crying.

Because that's a significant part of making this whole thing real for this year.

I was thinking about it, and realized I'm in this kind of weird halo type zone where Burning Man seems perfect and amazing and I just can't wait to go back!

I've talked to mothers who have given birth and they say that after a while you forget about the pain of childbirth and the absolute exhaustion of those early days and you start to think about having a kid again and that it's this weird, maybe even hormonal thing where you realize you've forgotten all the bad stuff.

That.

That's where I am right now.  Because Burning Man is a lot of damn hard work.  It's tiring.  It's stupid hot (except for the cold nights sometimes!) It's hard on your body (mine especially.)  It's uncomfortable.  It's a long drive (let's not even talk about that for this year yet.)  It's not this amazing, glowy, perfect, easy experience!

Yet, that's how it's feeling to me right now.  It's like there's this golden hazy glow over any Burning Man thought I have right now.  It's all oooooohs and aaaaaaahs and man... I should totally go RIGHT NOW, Burning Man is so perfect and so easy!  *dreamy sigh, combined with long slow blinks*

Yeah.  No, me.  It's not.

I mean it is.  It's amazing and stuff, but easy it is not.

I can't even seem to wrap my brain around that truth right now though.

Guess it's time to have another baby, eh?*

Silly brain.... silly.
*yeah, metaphorically speaking only, yo

No comments: