Friday 13 May 2016

This Is My Proud Face

For some of you, maybe especially those of you who haven't been around here all that long, what I'm about to say may not seem like all that big of a deal.  But for me?  It felt like one, in a good, positive way.

Last weekend (two weekends ago?) I went to a workshop all by myself.

All by myself!

Jason actually told me about it because he thought it was right up my alley, but he wasn't really wanting to go and ended up working that day anyway.  I had one other friend I thought might be interested in going, but she never got back to me.

That morning rolled round and I still wanted to go.  So I got up, got ready, and headed to the place.

I'm glad I did, I enjoyed the talk, or whatever, but maybe even more than that, I did something without needing someone else to come along with me.

I didn't talk myself out of it by being scared by what ifs, I wanted to go and I did.

It maybe helped that I knew there wouldn't be much expected of me other than sitting and listening to the speaker, so it wasn't a high pressure situation like a party, and I figured that I'd rather go than regret not going.

For those of you who are maybe on the more extroverted side of things, you might be reading this with a really confused look on your face, but for me?  Kind of a big deal.  And having done it once, makes it all the more likely I'll do it again.

So yay me, pat on the back for going and just all around yay!

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Wait, I already blew my YAAAAAAY on the Burning Man post (reading top down has its disadvantages).

I guess I'll have to go with the pat on the backs.

That's really big, and I'm happy you did that.

Victoria said...

Thanks! Me too! And, also, your other comment made me smile huge but this one made me laugh ;)

Elliott said...

Congrats! *high fives*

Victoria said...

Thanks!!