Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Whoops... D'Oh!

So last weekend, I was shooting an outdoor event. 

It was predicted to be cloudy/overcast/chance of rain and was raining when I left so I was in jeans and a t-shirt and brought a hoodie with me.

I brought a hat and sunglasses so help with the brightness, but did not think about sunscreen.  Not when I left, and not during the on and off sprinkle, sun, cloudy day.

Wanna guess where I'm going with this?

Yeah.  Came home to a not great burn (not serious but not not serious if you know what I mean?) that was the classic Farmer's tan lines.

In burn format.  Bright.  Glaring.  Red.

Sigh.

It was uncomfortable but I dealt with it.  But the burn lines were bad!  Like, wearing anything but the very tshirt I wore would expose the line.  Ugh. 

No chance at tank tops when it does warm up either!!!

So... this weekend, I was hanging out at Jason's place and it was sunny and warm and we were in the back yard chilling and I thought hey... I could even out my burn/tan!

Sigh.

So I grabbed some sunscreen, applied it veeeeery carefully to the old burn and purposely toasted my shoulders.  Kids, don't try this at home.  Adults?  Same.

I realized after a while that it was fairly one sided, so I flipped my chair around and tried to toast the other side....

And then I went home.

I went home and took off my clothes and looked in the mirror and oh man.

I now have... dark (for me) forearms.  And slightly less than pale upper shoulders.  And really weird bra/cleavage burn lines.  And?  A nice white stripe between the first burn and the second. 

So... I guess I have tan tattoos.  That I'm hoping will fade before people have to see them.

But yeah.  Light brown, white, red.  That there's my arms! 

Sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Elliott said...

I prefer the term golfer's tan. It is a classic look...solid lines on thighs where all golf shorts fall to, dark arms, cool triangle around your neck, and shockingly white feet with a line where every pair of sockettes go to. And for women that wear sleeveless tops...awesome designs around the shoulders and shoulder blades.

It's a look all the cool kids rock.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:36:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Nice!

Friday, June 23, 2017 9:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.