Tuesday 17 December 2019

Back To Life...

"Back to reality" is how the rest of the song goes.... but I'm having trouble with reality lately.

I don't mean that in the "I can't figure out what's real" kind of way, I mean that in the "the news and media in general is killing me" kind of way.

I won't get into it, I'll just say that I'm having a really hard time with how things are right now.  With how many of us seem to hate so many others of us.  How there's so much finger pointing and "YOU are what's wrong with EVERYTHING" and just so.  much.  hate.

There seems to be anger everywhere and people yelling and upset after upset and I'm finding it.... upsetting.

And that's putting it mildly.

I'm aware of what's going on in the world, and I'm aware of the biases that are also out there.  I am aware of the shortcomings and failings of media and I try to focus on good things and happy things and all the best of us but it's hard.  And I'm having a hard time with what's going on *waves around* out there.

I know we all deal with things our own way, and I'm not trying to say anything divisive, I just wish we could all be a little kinder, a little gentler, a little more willing to listen and understand and a little more willing to compromise, and to look, listen, observe and not just believe all that's "fed" to us.

I wish I could say it's "just" my anxiety talking and the world's not that miserable.... but...

Yeah.  I'm having a hard time with reality lately.  You know? 

No comments: