Thursday 9 April 2020

Confession

So... I maybe just spent a little bit of time googling "how to look better on a video call,  but I'd never admit that out loud.  (Plus I already knew all of those things and UGH)

On my first video counselling call, my counsellor told me that he too "hates" video calls and so he had just turned off the preview screen that lets you see yourself.  I considered doing that for a moment but I didn't want to take the time to figure out how and I'd probably just worry that I was looking even more awful if I couldn't see myself!  GAH!

On the second call I did more looking away than looking at the actual screen of me and I suppose this is just something I'll get used to.  And, I mean, it's not as if I've never done this before... I FaceTimed with Jay before we even met, tons of times and yeah, I've FaceTimed ever since that was a thing and I've never loved it but... yeah.  Anyway.

I saw a thing the other day where someone took a screen shot of Matthew McConaughey (I had to look that up and I'm still not actually sure I spelled it right TBH!) as he sat in on some learning call or something and the quote was "if he looks this bad on video call we are all doomed!"  But there is something to be said for the skill of lighting and makeup and angles that go into regular filming vs a video call.  For sure. 

If you've watched any of the "celebrities" doing their shows or doing things from home you may have noticed they don't look "the same" and I find it really kind of interesting.

But I still wish I looked BETTER on these damn things, just saying!!!

Sigh.

No comments: