Thursday 18 April 2024

A Possibility

I hesitate to say this as I do not want to jinx things and it could have been a coincidence but I think this last time change wasn't as awful as usual and I think I have a guess as to why??

A while ago, my doctor suggested (as in not prescribed since it's over the counter) that I try melatonin for my sleep issues.

I've never tried it before as I've heard some not great things about it and was cautious but also I kind of lose my sanity when I don't sleep and so my doctor wanted me to try this, certainly on the nights before I work.  So I tried.

As an aside, I wouldn't say it's a foolproof guarantee but I do think it has helped me get more sleep more often.  

And so when the (stupid) time change happened, I used the melatonin, as usual, on my work nights, which also happened to be the first few nights of the time change.

My understanding is that melatonin is most often recommended for, oh what do you call it... travel... when you travel in time zones and get all messed up?  Jet lag!  Right, it's most commonly recommended for jet lag and that's kind of what the time change does to me... jet lags me.  Yes, even just that one stupid hour's change.

Now I am NOT a medical professional (and I don't even play one on tv ha!) so I'm not telling you to use this and I'm using it with caution and not every day.  I just found myself wondering if maybe this time change wasn't as awful due to this jet lag medical thingy I happened to do.  Kind of makes sense.

(Although I am still bemused by it being so light so late into the afternoons/evenings.  I love it, but it still throws me off in confusion!)

No comments: