Wednesday 24 April 2024

Four Legs Are (Usually) Better Than Two!

I saw a dog trip and fall this weekend!

Or, ok, I didn't SEE see it but I saw the before and after and it made me giggle a little, feel bad for it a little and also realize it's not something I've ever seen in real life before?!

So here's the story - I was driving up a slight incline the other evening towards a cross walk so I slowed down as I could see a lady walking a cute Australian cattle type dog across the cross walk.  I got up to the cross walk and glanced to both sides to make sure no one else needed to walk (it's an intersection that has a lot of things happening on both sides on a busy evening like this one was) and when I glanced over in the direction of where the lady and dog had gone I saw the dog on it's side off of the curb of the sidewalk and the owner kind of doing that "what" look and the half halt of a stop dog walkers make when the dog stops!

So I didn't see all of it but what I'm guessing happened is that the dog maybe wasn't paying full attention when they walked up onto the curb and maybe missed or half missed the up part and then fell over!  Which made me realize, it must be much easier not to trip and fall over when you have four legs instead of just two but yes, I do think that the dog "looked" a little embarrassed, even though that's anthropomorphizing (which is a word that looks really really unreal even when you google it to see if you spelled it anywhere close to correctly!)

So to be completely honest I didn't see a dog fall over but I saw the after of a dog having fallen over and it was both cute and adorable and possibly embarrassing! (for the dog, not me... I just giggled, oops.)

No comments: