Tuesday 21 August 2018

Dear Youngsters

Dear Children and Those Not Yet "Old",

Please, please, don't rush to "grow up".  Don't rush to be older.  Not only because we really think you're quite adorable when you're little tiny things, but also because being an adult has a whole lot of not much fun.

To quote myself "adulting sucks."

Like, sure, I can, in theory eat as much junk food as I want, but you know what?  Then I get a sore tummy.  So.. it's only fun for a little while.  And there's some weird thing that happens where it starts to taste less good.  (Plus Halloween?  All that free candy you get?  Well, not as an adult, just saying!)

And I mean, sure, I can, in theory, go to sleep when I want, but.... turns out I can't really function the next day if I don't go to bed at a reasonable hour.  And it's not like my body will really let me sleep in anymore.  Enjoy those days of sleeping in, ok?

And it's not just that.  It's the bill paying, the waiting on hold for ages with this company or that company when this goes wrong or that doesn't happen.  It's being frigging responsible.  FOR EVERYTHING.

You really have no idea what all you are not having to deal with right now youngsters, so please, please, don't rush to get where we are.  I'm not a huge fan of this whole "adult" thing.  Just saying.

No comments: