Tuesday 20 July 2021

My Bad

You know that chorus/line from that Radiohead song "you do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts"?  Yeah.  That.

See, I ate three bagels on Sunday.

"Wait, Victoria, I thought you weren't supposed to eat gluten?"

Yeah, I'm not.  And I ate three bagels.  Sigh.

I could blame Jason I suppose as during the heat wave when I had to go stay at his place he bought us bagels and I'd forgotten how much I loved them pre-gluten discovery and, well I've bought them every week since.  UGH.

I know better, but the "excuse" I seem to use with myself is that I have a lot of difficult things going on right now and this is some form of comfort.

But then I'm lying in bed Sunday night with my stomach hurting.  And like not intense pain, but enough that I wake up with it a few times and I know it's the bagels.  The gluten.

But I also know I have three left and I'm going to want to eat them.  I just know this.

Which means.... yeah, I do it to myself, I do... and that's what really hurts.

Sigh.

Ugh.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I just can't stop thinking of bagels as really heavy, stale donuts. It makes it hard for me to eat them, because I always end up thinking how much more I'd have enjoyed a fresh donut.

Not that eating donuts would have solved this 'hurting yourself' problem either, I'm guessing.

(are gluten-free bagels even something possible to make?)

Victoria said...

Ah fair enough!

I'm sure there are gluten free ones out there... somewhere! ;)