Saturday 3 July 2021

Some Relief

Thursday night is the first night I feel like I got some sleep in over a week.  (Yes, I hear all the new parents laughing at me.)

It has finally cooled a bit, in fact we had a drop of something like ten degrees from, what, Monday to Tuesday?  And now we're down a few degrees more?  It's still "too hot" for this time of year and they still have us in a "heat warning" situation because of that but it's back to being semi-livable.  So I came home, Thursday I think (honestly this whole week was a blur and I wasn't able to track days.)

I caved to tiredness and had a tiny (less than an hour) nap in the afternoon which was brutal to wake up from in that exhausted kind of way.  Then I went to bed around 9:30.  Tried to read but my brain was just too tired for words, so I turned off the light and just lay there, enjoying my own bed and the comfort that comes with that.

I had trouble falling asleep but think in the end I probably got 7 or 8 hours?  Which is four or five hours more than I've had since this started.  I didn't wake up to a panic attack, just to mild "ugh, another day of dealing with fans and heat, boo."  It makes such a difference for me to have that sleep.  

So, here's to cooler temperatures and sleep.  May we have more of both!

No comments: