Monday 1 August 2022

Intense and Upsetting

I had one of those dreams.  You know the ones, they're stressful and intense and don't necessarily make sense and they throw off your morning!

So in this dream, my family and I had just come back from Burning Man (which makes sense as a topic as it's that time of year and I do help in some forums so it's busy right now and it's on my mind) and they decided they'd enjoyed it so much they wanted to go back for the second one (which makes no sense as there is only one a year but in the dream there were two within a week of each other).

So I was happy enough about this and we headed back down and when we got to the border town (the event was apparently taking place right on the border of the States and Mexico? but we were already in the states?  this is unclear) I realized I had brought my old (expired passport) OH NO!

I don't know how this happened other than me being in a rush to leave but that's not really the point, I had an expired passport and I was really upset.

My Dad offered to go in and talk to the "lawyer" people (I don't know) because I was crying but I calmed down enough to go in.  My Dad was talking to this younger lady who was giving out "this guy is sketchy" looks and when I went up to see what was going on it turned out my Dad was trying to have them change my identity (so I could get a new passport with this new identity) but the girl was like uh... you can't do that.

I managed to talk to her privately and she was like " you can't send in some random old dude to change some lady's identity!"  and I apologized and was upset again.  In the dream I remembered that in real life I had had a passport screw up before and just went to the Canadian side of the border and got them to reissue a passport as I had lost mine and it took a while but was done (I really don't think this is a thing that happened but in the dream I "remembered" what the place looked like and it felt real... so weird) and so I figured we could try that.  But while we were in the lawyer place we explained to them that if we had to drive back and get my actual passport it would lose us a day so we'd rather not have to, and part of me thought that losing a day didn't seem all that unreasonable but really did seem like a pain in the butt so it'd be just easier if they'd issue me a replacement/new passport with the info from my old one.

I woke myself up at some point in there cuz damn that was intensely stressful and I'm not travelling across a border any time soon but if I were I really hope I'd look carefully at my passport, you know?  And make sure I had it???  Damn. 

No comments: