Wednesday 23 September 2009

Gimmie a Break


This? This warning that work was about to become whateverly seriously hard was so so not an exaggeration.

Although my sanity wishes it had been.

I've reached a breaking point of sorts, which is making me feel like the only thing that will keep me sane is a vacation, which is funny in a not funny kind of way, not to mention improbably impossible.

Ok, so I don't talk about work, I get it, but here's the thing. As soon as I got back from my holiday (which seems like forever ago, not just two weeks-ish ago) I was thrown into the high-stress world of spy work in a more than slightly intense way. And do you know what flew out the window?

Any desire I had to talk to and/or meet with guys from that site S signed me up on. I just don't have it in me. I don't even have the energy to check the email message thing. So, so tired and busy and stressed and not interested in putting my non-existant extra energy into it.

Just one thing too many to juggle. Isn't it funny that that's the first thing to have gone?

When I think about it, I wouldn't mind meeting up with some friends and running into a single friend of theirs while we were out kind of thing, but the idea of chatting to a complete stranger right now is just too much.

Hopefully things will mellow out. Soon? Ish?

Sigh.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I completely hear you on that. As much as I loved meeting new guys and the excitement of a first date when I am single, the actual part of contacting guys online BEFORE you get to the date? It's work. Some days it was fun. And some days, I just don't have it in me to bother.

Victoria said...

'Zactly

Anonymous said...

feel the same way here!!

Tom said...

Given how reserved you were to go back to the world of online dating ... not a bad thing?

Oh course, having it pushed out by the stress of work isn't ideal. Hopefully things will calm down for you soon.

Victoria said...

High five Anonymous. Wait, I'm too tired to high five! ;)

Tom, no, not a bad thing. And, yes I hope things calm down soon! :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I think you have to be in the right mood to meet people - and you probably don't recognise when that is yourself.

I've been told before that sometimes I "shine". I have no idea what it really means, or when I have :)