Friday 4 February 2011

Shrug

I haven't heard anything in a while from the guys I was chatting with (Second Coffee Date, Runner Guy, Other Guy I Hadn't Met Yet, and New Guy I Haven't Told You About Yet.)

I know it's probably a combination of people being busy and probably chatting with/seeing other people and it's not like I'm dating any one of them but it's got me scratching my head a little that all of a sudden I'm not hearing from anyone. And I can only take it as a polite brush off that the second guy I met for coffee hasn't responded with a "let's do it again."*

Of course, last time I typed out a post like this I got a message almost right away so maybe that'll happen again this time and once I push "publish" on this my inbox will be full and my cell phone will beep with a text or two.

Or not. No biggie.

We'll see.






*Yeah, of course I take it personally, but only a little (or a medium, depending on the day/moment/mood.) Just guess I wasn't his type. Ok, sometimes that stings, but not everyone's going to be attracted to me.**


**I just wonder when it'll happen again is all. Feels like it's been a while since someone was interested in me.

7 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Relax, it's SuperBowl Weekend, boys are stupid a week prior and a few days after this event.

Not to mention the Canucks playing tonight etc

Once superbowl is over, you'll have so many men contacting you, it will be overwhelming. :)

Dont take it personally.

Kas said...

JS is right--- guys have gone temporarily insane for the weekend. There is also a UFC fight on Sat so the weekend is FULL of testosterone!!

Dominic said...

The things you miss out on being on the other side of The Pond..

Is the SuperBowl football or baseball..?

Victoria said...

JS, boys are weird! But, ok, I'll stand by for the post Superbowl contactitis! ;)

Too much testoterone maybe Kas? Heh

Maybe that's the problem Dominic, and I need to date Brits! Superbowl is American football. World Series is baseball and is nearer summer. Now, the FA cup, that's where it's at! :D

Victoria said...

Hee. I can't even spell testosterone! That makes me giggle even more!

the_FM said...

The same thing usually happens to me. It's either no contact from a guy - or the exact opposite - multiple texts and messages from a guy I have no desire to see again.

I toy with this question and am curious as to your perspective. It's 2011. Can the girl initiate the next date?

Victoria said...

Oh sure, the girl can initiate the next date. (It's just not my thing) :)