Thursday, 17 November 2011

Introspective

Photo Op by foundimagination
There's another potential guy who messaged me.

(Ok, I just re-read that and I'm finding it funny. He's a guy, not a potential guy. He has the potential to be a guy I want to date. Um, I think I'm the only one who's finding this funny, let's move on.)

Anyhow, this guy messaged me and he seems attractive, and I like what he has to say in his profile.

What's frustrating me about myself is that I'm already fighting old habits and patterns. I already care too much if I've heard from him or not or where it might go or not go or the whole high-school-I'm-going-to-write-our-names-in-a-heart baloney type stuff.

I *know* better than this and yet it's hard not to fall into that habit.

But I'm trying, I am.

I'm aware, which is at least half the battle, and I'm trying and reminding myself that it's ok to not be perfect and that this too is a learning curve. Just like, apparently, every (damn) other thing in life.

So while I'm excited about this guy's potential (not "this potential guy" heh, heh, heh) to be someone I might want to date, I'm doing my very best to *not* be excited about this guy's potential to be someone I might want to date.

Right now, he's just another guy I'm talking to on an online dating site. Doesn't mean anything other than he read my profile, thought I was interesting/attractive enough to say hi to.

Doesn't mean anything more than that.

Breathe, Victoria, breathe.

(Ok, great, now not only am I the only one laughing? I'm talking to myself. I'm going loopy y'all.)

Man... it's hard trying to change your old patterns and habits.

Seriously.

2 Comments:

Anonymous e said...

That's adorable!
maybe he's thinking the same thing...?

haha! Sorry, I'm just feeding your habit. I do the same thing! I think it's normal.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:52:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Nahhhhhh, guys don't seem to over think things quite the same way we do e! ;)

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.