Saturday 18 September 2010

Three Sixty Five


I've got almost exactly one hundred days left in the goal I set myself of taking a photo a day for a year. It has gotten easier, that's for sure, but since I started, it's also gotten lighter.

As we head back towards shorter days I find myself hoping I can still find time to get out and take shots before the light's gone in the evening.

I seem to remember in January and February there was a lot of rushing out of work as early as humanly possible, mumbling something about appointments or something just so that I could get myself to a beach or the ocean and get a shot in.

Now if you add in the photography course I signed up for and a learn to run clinic S and I are doing and the fact that I need to get home from work, eat, get out for some exercise AND take a picture before I go to these night courses and classes and I start to wonder if the weather and darkness are going to force me to start shooting inside. Or something.

I'm sure it'll work out, it's worked out really well so far this year, but it's interesting to me that I'm even thinking this way, and it's kind of cool.

I guess I like that I'm thinking about how I can get a photo taken every day. I've really enjoyed these months of getting outside and finding things to snap. And I've enjoyed seeing my photos get better (in my opinion) over the year. And I've enjoyed challenging myself to take photos of new things, or different things or things that I might not think to take a photo of. It's been great so far. I've taken some photos I really really like.

I just hope that Fall and Winter don't change that. (Cuz I know there were some bumpy days early on in the darks of January.)

Two hundred and sixty something down
, one hundred or so to go.

4 comments:

Single and Picky said...

Yay a learn to run clinic - congrats. You might find that running around town will give you a different perspective, which might equal unique and closer to you things to take photos of.

That or you might just find a nice runner boy out there... that's what I keep believing as I run around town

Victoria said...

So far, running around town just gives me the perspective of "oh man, who said this was a good idea?" ;) Heh

Amy said...

Taking a picture every day for a year is hard, I did it and it almost broke me. Good luck and kudos to you.

A run clinic sounds really good fun (if a bit exhausting at first).

Victoria said...

It's been so far so good Amy. Was rough in the beginning and if I can just make it through the last 100 I'll have done it!

And the clinic is fun. And exhausting ;)